Pages

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Scarf UFO is now a FO

Yay. I have finished one of my UFOs (unfinished objects).

This is a scarf I started when I decided I wanted to learn to knit recently. The only other knitting I had ever done was a cabled baby jumper I knitted for my daughter Jamie when I was expecting her and she nearly 16 so I can safely class myself as a beginner. As I was nearing the end of knitting the scarf I decided I had enough wool that I could also make a hat so wanted to knit the hat before I used the rest of the wool to finish the scarf.

I am so pleased it is finished as I promised myself I would not start another knitting project until I had finished it.

My daughter Jamie has once again kindly modeled the items. I am not that happy with the hat but it will do to keep the ears warm when winter comes. It is super hot here at the moment so it won't get any wear for quite some time yet.




6 comments:

  1. love the scarf and hat, well done to finish it in this heat. Lovely model, I would keep her employed for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am not sure I should show Jamie all these compliments she has been getting - she might start charging me.

      Delete
  2. Well done , great you are being successful in finishing old projects. You are a good role model. Your daughter is such a sweet model.
    Regards Janine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a good feeling to be working through the UFOs - clearing the clutter so I can enjoy a creative year. Mind you that is not stopping me from starting new projects too. Having a go at starting a granny stripe crochet blanket which will be my go-to when I need something mindless.

      Delete
  3. The scarf and hat look so lovely and soft, love the colours too. Really suits your daughter. Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look beautifull darling love your Scarf,keep posting..

    https://clicknorder.pk online shopping in pakistan

    ReplyDelete